All that we are, we owe to our Mothers. They feed us, they nurture us, they lecture us, but they also love us unconditionally! What better way to spend Mommy’s special day than bingeing on a good old Movie or TV show with her? It’s pocket-friendly and better than heading out to those over-priced brunches! And If Mama isn’t around, you’ll can always plan a virtual bingeing session.
So, whip up that bag of popcorn and schedule a movie marathon courtesy of STARZPLAY with your mama!
- How I Met Your Mother: Bingeing on How I Met Your Mother on Mother’s Day seems like a given! The mysterious mother everyone’s waiting to find is finally revealed by the father Ted Mosby to his children over the course of nine seasons! The presence of his friends only makes the show more entertaining! This slow reveal created much fan speculation as to who she was. As such, she was commonly referred to as “The Mother” by fans.
- The Big Bang Theory: The light-hearted and funny escapades of Sheldon Cooper followed by his band of nerdy scientist buddies is bound to make Mama and you laugh uncontrollably! Leonard and Sheldon are brilliant brainiacs, ones that understand how the universe works but fail to understand the workings of a lady’s mind until Penny walks in and all the nerds get girls!
- American Housewife: In a town of seemingly perfect human beings, comes Katie Otto and her perfectly flawed family. The atypical town houses women who are rich, snobbish, health-freaks, and everything an elitist society makes an outsider feel like – inferior. Though Katie is one resilient strong-willed lady who will go to any length to have her and her family accepted! Katie and her antiques especially how she deals with her children will leave you in splits and make you reminisce the good old growing up years 😛
- The Nanny: When she appears on the doorstep of wealthy widower Maxwell Sheffield’s New York home, cosmetics saleswoman Fran Fine unexpectedly gets a job as the nanny for the Broadway producer’s three children, Maggie, Brighton, and Grace. Fran brings her no-nonsense honesty, sharp sense of humour, and `Queens logic’ into the Sheffield household, helping them become a happy, healthy family! With a face out of Vogue and a voice out of Queens, Fran’s witty charm will bowl you over!
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again: The next chapter in the Mamma Mia series, this time Sophie digs deeper into her Mama’s past and her three possible fathers as she reopens the family hotel. More drama, more romance galore, get ready to enter the musical world of ABBA and indulge in the legendary Meryl Streep’s romantic adventures!
- Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day: Anyone who says there is no such thing as a bad day just hasn’t had one. Gum stuck in his hair signals the start of a disastrous day for 11-year-old Alexander. One calamity follows another, but when Alexander tells his family about his misadventures, he finds little sympathy. Alexander begins to wonder if bad things happen only to him, but he soon learns that he’s not alone when his mother, father, brother, and sister all find themselves living through their own calamitous days. Bad days are contagious!
- Brave: Didn’t Mom always teach us to brave? To fight and not give up! Merida is the very epitome of courage and strength! Merida (Kelly Macdonald), the impetuous but courageous daughter of Scottish King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson), is a skilled archer who wants to carve out her own path in life. Her defiance of an age-old tradition angers the Highland lords and leads to chaos in the kingdom. Merida seeks help from an eccentric witch (Julie Walters), who grants her an ill-fated wish. Now, Merida must discover the true meaning of courage and undo a beastly curse before it’s too late.
- Flightplan: A mother would do anything for her child, go to any length to protect her kid no matter the odds! This holds for Jodie Foster in Flightplan when she is flying back to New York City and her six-year-old daughter goes missing from a moving flight! Determined to find her daughter, Kyle searches the limited space of the plane, all the while trying to maintain her sanity. With unexpected clues after clues, the story will keep you on the edge of your couches for sure!