When life’s drama gets too much to handle there’s always a TV show drama to fall back on! From operation theatres to medical rooms, from the great Vikings age to when the Romans invaded Britain, from the mind of a killer to the mind of a police officer, we’ve curated a whole line-up of drama shows for your daily intake!
Here you go:
- House (Seasons 1-8): The brilliant yet sarcastic Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) is a traditional non-conformist. He believes in doing things his way which means if given the choice he would love to evade speaking to his patients at all. Despite his dependence on pain medication, he leads a group of medical practitioners at the fictional Princeton–Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (PPTH) in New Jersey treating cases that others cannot crack!
- Grey’s Anatomy (Seasons 1-15): No medical drama has quite captivated the hearts of fans, unlike Grey’s Anatomy. Slated to be the longest-running TV show with 15 seasons in its belt, the young and older generation of fans are flocking in to see what the craze is about! The series follows the journey of Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) and a group of surgical interns and supervisors at Seattle Grace Hospital battling through their personal and professional lives.
- The Good Doctor (Seasons 1-3): Just Added – Season 3! Based on the 2013 award-winning South Korean series of the same name, actor Daniel Dae Kim noticed the original series and bought the rights for his production company. Shaun Murphy (Freddie Highmore) is a young surgeon suffering from autism and savant syndrome. He relocates from his quiet neighbourhood to the prestigious San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital with dreams of becoming a renowned doctor.
- Vikings (Seasons 5 & 6): Magnum opus Vikings created by Michael Hirst chronicles the life and times of the great Vikings age. Ragnar Lothbrok, a mere farmer rose to become one of the most fearless warriors and commanders of the Viking tribes. Soon after his death, his sons take over the mantle and ravage far and wide establishing a stronghold across Europe each vying for the Norwegian throne! The final season will air on 31st December on STARZPLAY.
- The Spanish Princess (Seasons 1 & 2): Based on the novels The Constant Princess and The King’s Curse by Philippa Gregory, The Spanish Princess is a sequel to the Starz miniseries The White Queen and The White Princess. Teenage princess Catherine of Aragon is betrothed to English Prince Arthur when he suddenly dies and the throne seems lost until she sets her eyes on the new heir, the charming and charismatic Prince Harry. Starring Alicia Borrachero, Laura Carmichael, Daniel Cerqueira, and Aaron Cobham amongst others, watch this fictional retelling that would redefine the history of the western world.
- Britannia (Seasons 1 & 2): Britannia is a captivating period drama set in an Anarchic time tracing back to A.D. 43 when the Romans invaded Britain led by General Aulus Plautius. The Romans fierce and measured return to crush the land of Britannia ruled by powerful women and magical druids who can channel the forces of the underworld. Starring an ensemble of actors Eleanor Worthington Cox, David Morrissey, Kelly Reilly, and Annabel Scholey amongst others, the first and second season of this spell-binding madness is streaming currently on the platform.
- Criminal Minds (Seasons 1-13): 13 Seasons of non-stop criminal analysis! The Behavioral Analysis Unit is an elite team of FBI profilers that analyzes the country’s most twisted criminal minds, pinpointing their motivations and anticipating their next moves before they strike again. Each member of the eclectic team brings their area of expertise to the table, focusing on the criminal rather than the crime and employing psychological and behavioural profiling to unravel each mystery.
- The Mark of a Killer (Season 1): Created by Chad Cunningham, an exhilarating documentary that deep dives into the mind of a killer and what makes him or her tick.
- Dublin Murders (Season 1): Commissioned by BBC for BBC One and STARZ, Dublin Murders features a cast of Irish actors with Killian Scott and Sarah Greene serving as the leads. Adapted from the books “In the Woods” and “The Likeness” by American-Irish writer Tana Frenc, Dublin Murders recounts the journey of two Detectives Rob Reilly and Cassie Maddox who are pulled in to investigate the case of the death of a young girl found on the outskirts of Dublin. As the days progress, the detectives find their friendships tested when the investigation takes a dark turn.