From a vaccine causing Humans to turn into vampires, DC superheroes that’ll make you see the world differently, documentaries that will make you ponder over the marvels of nature, 247 entertainment for little ones, and sitcoms that’ll make you haha at any given time – our April calendar is filled with stuff that will keep you hooked to your couches and screens!
- The Passage: Based on the trilogy of novels by Justin Cronin, this television show will keep you on tenterhooks as it gives you a grotesque reminder of the current times. Of course, we don’t have any vampire infestation in real life, thank you! When a botched U.S. government experiment turns a group of death row inmates into highly infectious vampires, an orphan girl might be the only person able to stop the ensuing crisis. Can one little girl bear the burden of curing the entire world? You’ll have to watch to find out! Starring Brad Wolgast and Saniyya Sidney.
- Nat Geo Collection: What better way to spend your day than to learn the intricacies of mother nature, the species that exist, why it is the way it is, and of course all that threatens it. Here’s a list of some of the best planet-centric, world-centric, and environmentally conscious documentaries now streaming on STARZPLAY – Going Viral, Inside World War II, Undercover Angel, When Sharks Attack, Monster Croc Wrangler, Decades Remixed, Airport Security: First Class, Dead by Dawn and Cesar’s Recruit: Asia.
- Penguins: In this Disney gem, be amazed by the ways of your favourite floppy birds who are on a quest for adventure, love, and thrills! Penguins is a 2019 American nature documentary film directed by Alastair Fothergill and Jeff Wilson. The coming-of-age story follows an Adélie penguin named Steve, who joins fellow males in the icy Antarctic spring on a quest to build a suitable nest, find a life partner and start a family. Narrated by Ed Helms.
- BabyTV: BabyTV is the world’s most widely distributed TV network created especially for toddlers and their parents, helping them discover the world around them. Showing the little tots an enriching journey full of stories, songs, rhymes, loveable characters and fun for the whole family, watch The Lunch Time Show, Guess What, Elly & her Gang, and The Team Show.
- Black-ish: The Johnson’s are just ish! Dre Johnson has it all – an illustrious career, a spectacular home, and a loving family but with great success comes a great deal of cultural dilemmas. Constantly under the fear that his kids are losing touch with their culture and roots, Dre is on a mission to get them back on track! Funny, hilarious, amusing – all packaged in one!
- Speechless: The DiMeo family rolls differently though – they say more and do more, only sometimes! Maya DiMeo is a tough nut mom who will go to any length to protect her family. Her husband couldn’t care too less about society, her daughter with her motor mouth, her son with a voice of reason, and J.J. the one with the cerebral palsy move to a poor neighbourhood to foot their special son’s special education leading to a string of events all the while making them realise that they are happier together than apart!
- Supergirl Season 5: New Friendships, New Look & Newer Threats await the girl of steel! – Only on STARZPLAY! United they must stand, Kara must join hands with her frenemy Lena to take down the Leviathan, a secret organisation threatening to terrorise the world with their evil plans! In the Season 5 premiere, Kara is also surprised to find that CatCo has a new owner who has brought in a star reporter. New couples emerge and explore their budding relationships while J’onn J’onzz receives an unexpected visitor!
- My Hero Academia: The time has finally arrived with the onset of My Hero Academia’s fifth season introducing a brand-new training exercise for the heroes of Class 1-A as the Shonen franchise makes its grand return to the world of anime after a short hiatus. Though the main event of this series for Izuku and his fellow aspiring heroes will be their battle against Class 1-B, the fifth season will have plenty of surprises for fans as the episodes are released every week, same time as Japan!
- CricketPang: Kids can now play more and learn more with our wonderful friends at CricketPang! CricketPang is a comical animation series, 26 episodes long each consisting of stories of friendships, conflict resolutions, cooperation, and creativity using cricket as a backdrop, in ways that children can understand and learn from. From developing strong bonds of friendship, inculcating social skills, and encouraging creative thinking, these fun, and light-hearted stories will also aid children in problem-solving, cooperation, and communication skills.
- Glass: M Night Shyamalan’s epic conclusion to his epic trilogy featuring the maverick stars – Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson and James MacAvoy!Three men with extraordinary gifts – the unbreakable, the easily breakable and the split will come together to show the world what they are capable of! You cannot contain what you are…
- The Descendants: Native islander Matt King (George Clooney) lives with his family in Hawaii. Their world shatters when a tragic accident leaves his wife in a coma. Not only must Matt struggle with the clause in his wife’s will that she be allowed to die with dignity, but he also faces pressure from relatives to sell their family’s enormous land trust. Angry and terrified at the same time, Matt tries to be a good father to his young daughters, as they too try to cope with their mother’s possible death.
- Kingsman: The Secret Service: A super-secret organisation recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency’s ultra-competitive training program just as a dire global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius. A phenomenal cast, including Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, and Michael Caine, lead this action-packed, spy-thriller directed by Matthew Vaughn (X Men: First Class).
- The Heat: FBI agent Sarah (Sandra Bullock) comes to Boston to track an elusive drug lord and bag a promotion for herself. However, before she can interrogate a lead, she must deal with Mullins (Melissa McCarthy), another cop who likes to go solo. This buddy cop drama is set to take you on a joyride of kicks, punches, villains as these badass ladies become the one thing they never thought was possible – buddies!
- The Watch: Four everyday suburban guys (Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill) come together to form a neighbourhood watch group, but only as an excuse to escape their humdrum lives one night a week. But when they accidentally discover that their town has become overrun with aliens posing as ordinary suburbanites, they have no choice but to save their neighbourhood and the world from total extinction!