The holy month of Ramadan is upon us – the month of reflection, positivity, and spending time with your near and dear ones. With fasts sometimes running for longer than 15 hours, you can now watch your favorite and most loved stars in your home within the comfort of your couch! As you wake for Suhoor or wait until the wee hours of the evening for Iftar, let the starz play in your home, non-stop!
- Bab Al-Hara: One of the most popular television series, Bab Al-Hara is watched by tens of millions of people from all over the Arab world. The series always airs during Ramadan and holds special appeal as the emerging modern tradition of the Ramadan soap opera. Dating back to the 1930’s, it chronicles the daily happenings and family drama in one of Damascus’s old city neighbourhoods, an area that was still under French colonialism. The record-breaking series – 11 seasons & 300 episodes long is now returning to the screen this Ramadan for an 11th season. Previously featured actors, such as Rana al-Abyad, Zuhair Ramadan, Sahar Fawzi and Ramez Atallah, will also return to the screen along with newer characters like Abu Surur (played by Radwan Aqili), the brother of popular first-season character “Ida’shri” (played by Bassam Kousa). Watch new episodes every week – Only on STARZPLAY!
- The Innocents: This Turkish drama is an adaptation of a popular novel named Madalyonun Ici by Gulseren Budaycioglu and is based on real-life experiences. The Innocents (Masumlar Apartmani) narrates the love story of Hans (Birkan Sokullu) and Inci (Farah Zeynep Abdullah) and how they overcome complications in their respective families so they can be together. Hans is a loving and caring brother who has sacrificed his life for the sake of his twin sisters each dealing with their own issues. Inci on the other hand lives together with her brother and grandfather. After her mother left them years ago, Inci suffers from abandonment issues and she tries her best not to leave anyone alone ever! Will the two ever unite? Watch new episodes, same time as Turkey – only on STARZPLAY!
- Feriha: A fairy tale based on white lies. This drama reveals the dreams and desires of a young girl stuck between two worlds – Feriha (Hazal kaya Atay) is a girl who lives in a luxurious neighbourhood while her father works as a janitor in an apartment block, which the management provides to the family with a small apartment in the basement. Her dreams and reality come to life when she attends a private university and quickly becomes the center of attention for the upper-class students at the university, including Emir (Çağatay Ulusoy), a rich and handsome playboy. She wears her rich neighbour’s clothes to fit in with the wealthy but how long can she put up this façade?
- Filinta: Set in 19th century Istanbul, Filinta follows the adventures and intrigues of ‘Filinta Mustafa’ (Onur Tuna)- a police officer. Unfairly accused of a heinous crime, he must fight to clear his name “and save his life”, while also investigating ongoing cases.
- Resurrection: Ertugrul: ‘Resurrection: Ertugrul’ is an epic story rooted in the historical events of Anatolia (modern-day Turkey). It is the tale of a daring character with enthralling love and a sense of justice that was strong enough to change the fate of the World. The nomadic Kayi tribe of the Oghuz Turks is on a quest to find a place they can finally call home. Ertugrul, the leader of the tribe, leads his people through perseverance against hardship while striving for justice and maintaining the traditions of the land. By battling his enemies with strength and bravery, Ertugrul consequently plants the seed that would lead to the founding of the Ottoman Empire, which had spread across three continents and ruled for six centuries. Another Turkish classic that strongly resonated with the audience, watch Engin Altan Düzyatan as the brave and ravishing Ertugrul on STARZPLAY!
- BluTV: Turkey’s first and largest local subscription video-on-demand service which is globally available to all Turkish and Arabic speaking audiences will now be available to STARZPLAY users! Your one stop for all favourite Turkish content, enjoy shows like Yesilcam (Showcasing Turkey of the 1960s following a film producer who will tell the story of survival in Yesilcam as he experiences the golden age of Turkish cinema), Gurkan Chef (12 contestants trying to impress well known Chef Gürkan by showing their skills), Al Ishq Al Mamno (Forbidden Love: Popular Turkish drama that broke all rating records) amongst others.
- Day N’ Date: Arabic series from Abu Dhabi Media, leading UAE public service broadcaster and media company, – Nabd Mu’aqat, Ala Aldine and Heen Ra’at! – Exclusive Gulf thriller ‘Heen Ra’at’ (When She Saw) starring Khaled Amin, Amal Muhammad and Laila Abdullah, which captures the story of two girls who tragically lost their loved ones in a terrorist bombing. Kuwaiti social drama ‘Nabd Muaqat’ (Temporary Pulse), starring Haya Abdul Salam, Hanadi Al Kandari and Shihab Johar, which portrays the highs and lows of family life, as well as the challenges that come with losing a mother. Gulf exclusive comedy series ‘Aladdin’, starring comedian Abdul Naser Darwish, Ahmad Al Onan and Sultan Al Faraj, telling the story of Aladdin, a man in his fifties living with his two young daughters, Qamar and Shams, in City Walk, Dubai.
- Intigral: Intigral, leading digital entertainment company in the MENA region has unveiled a line-up of Arabic content that will also be available on STARZPLAY! Tune into shows like Galbat Jad, Ittijah Khatie and Hawas .
discovery+ Fatafeat: Popular Middle Eastern food and lifestyle television channel now part of the discovery+ channel on STARZPLAY also has an exciting line-up of shows to make Suhoor and Iftar a savoury feast!
- Manal Al Alem – Halaweyat: This Ramadan, ‘The Queen of the Arabian Kitchen’, Chef Manal Alalem, will entice viewers with an amazing mix of traditional Arabic, and international, sweets and desserts, as well as mouth- watering juices and smoothies.
- Zikrayat Helwa In this cooking show, Daad Abou Jaber reminisces about old memorable moments, and shares with us her amazing recipes that were inspired by them!
- Min El Forn: Nothing beats the smell of baking! In this cooking show celebrity chef Houria Zanoun reveals her passion for baking and shares with us all of her hidden secrets.
- Shu Bihib El Orf: Lovable Syrian Chef Mohammad Orfali invites you into his home kitchen as he prepares some of his favourite dishes in a brand-new season of ‘Shu Biyheb Al Orf’. In each episode, he crafts three recipes from a mix of cuisines around the world and shares his personal stories behind each of the dishes.
- May’s Menu: May’s Menu is the ultimate guide to food pairing, and how to create and cook a full set-menu at home. Each episode features Chef May building a menu within a certain theme, for friends, family, and guests for all occasions. Let Chef May be your menu inspiration this Ramadan!