After the long mundane routine of work and household duties, doesn’t everyone need a break? Don’t we all need a constant reminder of the romance that is still prevalent in the world and that maybe things do work out in the end? There’s nothing a cheesy romantic comedy can’t solve. From a date doctor’s journey with love, battling heartaches, friendships blossoming into romance, foes turning into lovers to unintentionally losing your loved one’s memory, love is in the air this summer on STARZPLAY! With social distancing upon us, it’s the perfect season for a movie marathon and no better escape from real life.
Here’s presenting our finest line-up of romantic movies for you to binge-watch from the comfort of your home:
- Hitch: The Hitch starring Will Smith was a pleasant break away from his usual action and dramatic film roles. A love doctor with the gift of the gab to win over women, he helps men woo the female kind using several tricks of the trade. He finds himself at a crossroads when he falls for Eva Mendes who doesn’t respond to any of his advances. Will Smith is effortlessly lovable in his character of Alex Hitchins, not to forget his endearing bromance with Kevin Smith.
- The Holiday: Dubbed as a cult classic in the category of romantic comedy movies, The Holiday is a perfect departure from the conventional mush. Featuring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz as two lovesick women living in two corners of the world who arrange a home exchange to evade their aching hearts during the Christmas season. The two befriend Jude Law and Jack Black only to fall in love all over again! Real, heart-warming and filled with scenic locations, it may not be the holiday season currently, but we recommend watching this gem to warm the cockles of your heart.
- A Lot Like Love: Starring Ashton Kutcher and Amanda Peet, A Lot Like Love traces two individual’s journey with friendship and romance over a course of 7 years. Two enigmatic strangers meet in an airplane and there begins a journey of chance encounters spanning 7 years. The only commonality being the overlying emotion of love. Isn’t true love timeless? Ashton and Amanda further cement the age-long belief with this romantic caper. Feeling A Lot Like Love this summer? Hit it up and play!
- The Proposal: With an equal amount of romance and hilarity, the Proposal is an entertainer that leaves you in splits from the beginning to the end with its fair share of drama. Sandra Bullock stars as Margaret Tate a tough nut lady bossy and editor of a publishing company who fears deportation from the US due to her expired visa. Determined to hold on to her position she convinces her assistant Ryan Reynolds to marry her on the pretext of promoting him. What ensues is a crazy riot of family drama, hilarious tongue-in-cheek moments, and of course brimming chemistry between the two.
- 50 first dates: 50 first dates is undoubtedly one of the greatest romantic movies of all time! It’s always a treat to watch Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore light the screen with their easy and effortless chemistry. Adman Sandler plays the role of a womanizing veterinarian until he meets Drew Barrymore and falls head over heels in love. The twist in the tale is her tryst with amnesia which causes her to forget him every time they meet. Refusing to give up, he takes it upon himself to win her over on every one of their dates. The central promise of loving someone unconditionally – no holds barred will never go out of fashion.
Love is timeless… Love is infinite… Love is what ties all the loose ends together. And we couldn’t agree more. So grab that bowl of popcorn and tuck into your comforters with a box of tissues as you laugh and cry through these tear-jerking and hilarious romedies. All the movies are currently streaming on STARZPLAY!